Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Process "One Thousand Fiances"



DESTROYED
Here is the second process based piece that I have just begun, and I suppose it would be wise to disclose why I start with the title. Many of you know that I have written several plays that have been produced in Ontario and Vancouver. Many, many moons ago I also had a very popular book of poetry published and have recently begun writing and illustrating a series of childrens books {don't ask this they will take awhile to finish, let alone get published}, needless to say words are a huge part of my life so when I wanted to find a new way to work I needed a jump off point.


As I wander home from pubs or catch bits of conversation, read the papers etc. I wait for a phrase to get stuck in my head, hence "Chinese Paint" and this title "One Thousand Fiances" that was a rather self deprecating joke about my romantic life that I told at a dinner party a couple of days ago, which I thought was funny but as usual made everyone else uncomfortale {strange how often that happens}.

your loyal mad craftsmen ,


A.S Hahn




No comments: