Saturday, September 20, 2008

Scattered news of all Kinds


SCATTERED NEWS OF ALL KINDS

Here is my new tea towel, you may think it odd to post it, but I think it's incredible as a piece of art. You have to be able to see it everywhere. If you're feeling out of practice go lie down outside and pick some shapes out of the clouds, before the ground gets too cold, if this fails spit juice on a piece of paper and let it dry.

  • Here's a lovely sign posted in a shop not to far from the El Mocambo, GO TORONTO! YEAH! THIS IS MY TOWN!
  • Last Thursday (Sept.11) we did our bit for charity and donated," Canadian Girl with Blue Jay" to the Royal Bank of Canada's raffle for Juvenille Diabetes Research. In less charitable news "Canadian Girl with Grey Bird" was donated to the Magpie bar on Dundas because I like drinking there, if you like old punk rock Miles, Graham and Lee have the music for you.
  • If you need a "Canadian Girl" of any kind, contact me here. Christmas is coming folks.
  • I love words, my new favourite word was published in the venerable Toronto Sun, that word is "coinsiderable" which I define as, "A very large amount of change".
  • FACEBOOK is worth approx. SIXTEEN BILLION DOLLARS. Yowza.

  • If Terrorists truly wanted to strike a blow at Canada, they would introduce Listereosis into the cream supply at Tim Horton's , I can no longer stomach that awful processed cream, but that being said I will live to fight the Terrorists ala Chuck Norris in the classic "Invasion USA", if you get home drunk tonight it will probably be showing on Spike TV. If it was communists who were responsible, I'd say watch "Red Dawn." ( "WOLVERINES!!!! " It was their proud battle cry)

FAVOURITE RECENT QUOTE A FRIEND OF MINE SHOULD READ

"The only thing worse than bad health, is a bad name" from Love in the Time of Cholera

FAVOURITE RECENT MESSAGE LEFT ON MY PHONE

"Hey Picasso, it's DeNiro, are we meeting up tonight or what?" from Tony Nappo

FAVOURITE PASSAGE IN A BOOK

The Grapes of Wrath Chapter 14, page 150, a breathtaking piece of writing, just read that page.

FAVOURITE THING OVERHEARD SAID OUT LOUD TO NO ONE AT ALL

"Susan Sarandon"

I was there, I know the guy, he wasn't talking to anyone, maybe just a fan, who knows. In fact he may not have even been aware he said it out loud. I've been puzzling over this for days.

FAVOURITE WAY TO PAY ATTENTION

"To hear what other people are thinking" I can't recall where I picked this up, but it is very helpful.

I have no idea, if any of that was worth posting, but I haven't been here for a week or so and wanted to let you Shoppers know that more work is coming soon.

All the best,

A.S.Hahn

madcraftshoppe@live.com



No comments: