Saturday, September 20, 2008

It doesn't always come easy you know






First off sorry about those two images being sideways, I thought they weren't, anyways. This is a look at Process for the series,"Silver". This piece is titled "Hermes" or "Woman with Bottles". I scrapped it after these four attempts and need to hire a model to do this properly. So for those who think I just vomit this stuff up without a problem, you can now rest easy knowing it is a struggle. I love the concept, I just have to walk back to square one and start over again, hopefully when that happens I will have a solid pose and photo references to work with, as I believe this is a great image.
Churchill said, "Blessed are the painters, for they will never be lonely." I add, "and they sure get pissed at their work sometimes." That being said, I do enjoy the struggle, the dialogue between me and the image, it's a high.
A.S.Hahn


No comments: