Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Theatre Passe Muraille 1998 & 2005

This is one view of the Office Mural, it features collages created from TPM's archives, featured here are quickly rendered pictures of Jean Yoon, Paul Thompson (or Box Body as he is sometimes called) John Blackwood, Billy Merasty and some other actors whose names I do not know and should.


These are two views of the Mezzanine Mural painted in 1998 and my first Introduction to the World of Theatre Passe Muraille, seen here are John A. MacDonald (Mc?Sp) Louis Riel (or Flaming Ted Danson as my friend Gray referred to him) Big Bear and others, the Indian Virgin Mary in the Quebec flag was Layne Coleman's idea, originally the dress was Royal Blue and she was white, but I thought it looked boring and changed it significantly. If you look closely you can see a drum, a birdhouse and a violin floating about, three symbols I've used in my work forever. The' mural does extend for about four feet in either direction but you'll have to go to Theatre Passe Muraille to see it. I quite like the dark tone of the piece as opposed to a more glowing look at Canadian history, this is a haunted piece.



I was never happy with the Office mural, there just wasn't enough time in the budget (if you know what I mean) to realize it properly. If I could only have three more "day$" to complete it I'm sure it would be perfect, but deadlines are deadlines. Rendered here are Jim Gerrard, D'bi Young , some other people and a girl with a Rooster head dress on that I quite like.

No comments: