Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Two Lovers

The Two Lovers
16 x 16 inches, acrylic on canvas
$240.00 / $260.00 framed
One new aspect of this show that I have just begun to get into (does it seem late to use the word "new" with three weeks to go until you hang the show ? I think not) is the clothing/ time period for the "characters" involved in "Come On Pilgrim" I want to move them from the country and a little closer to the city for this show, something with more of a 50's feel is what appeals to me right now. I've been painting folks in suits and suspenders for awhile, but they've been more "Grapes Of Wrath" in appearance, a more dust bowl look to them, so with this piece I wanted to start looking a some cleaner lines, sleeker clothing for the figures.
That being said I'm sure the next painting I post will be of some hayseed looking Henry Fonda guy, but that's only because I am working on so many things at once, I don't even want to count how many pieces I'm doing right now, plus a funny fb contest that I'd like to get online today, "Cat disguised as Bird OR Bird disguised as Cat, which is the better painting ?" We'll see if I even can get to that.
all the best, talk to me here
A.Shay Hahn

No comments: