Friday, August 19, 2005

good morning world

Hello all, this is the first post - and that means that the Mad Craft Shoppe is now open for business !

Welcome to the Grand Opening !

Have some cheese, try the pie (the pie has sausages in it - I know !) and I believe there is a drink or two to be had.

It's just begun to rain in Toronto, a beautiful darkness had swept over the city and hopefully will stick around.

I'm sure that is something we all enjoy - I'm sure it's part of the global consciousness or some such, looking out the window at the rain,

"What are you doing?"

"I'm looking out the window at the rain."

"Me too."

I like to get a coffee when this kind of weather settles in but currently my coffee shop the Urban Annex cafe is closed for holidays til the 26th of August- I can't believe it either - you have to drop by for a large Sumatran, it's a helluva good brew and they play mostly reggae and almost every woman who works there has dreadlocks - not that that makes them any better than anyone else, I'm just surprised that so many different women with dreads end up working at the Urban Annex Cafe - maybe there's a resource online for dreadlocked women to find suitable employment. Much to ponder.

Soon there will be very exciting images appearing here at the Shoppe, you see I've been very busy painting pictures this summer and making simple tool boxes (called, "Thugs" in the Olde English) and making cork boards and picture frames and shadow boxes and all kinds of crafts for you to admire and comment on and maybe get a splinter from. They will be here for you soon, so be patient.

I was turned onto this Blog idea by my very good friend John Patrick Robichaud, his blog is called "Periapeticisms" or something, it's a big word that I think means something like "violent mouse death" in latin, it's a cool blog, he travels all over the world with theatre and you get his impressions on his blog - unfortunately you don't get his impressions of people from other countries - but I think he should give that a shot, it would probably be hilarious.

So feel free to comment and contact me at any point, if you something that strikes your fancy, here at the Mad Craft Shoppe your satisfaction is of paramount importance.

All the best to you friends, both old and new,

A. Shay Hahn

4 comments:

A.Shay Hahn said...

Great job Shay! You aren't a total retard when it comes to computers!

your friend,

Shay

JP said...

Well, the spelling was close. It's Peripateticisms, which is a word that I (as far as I know) made up. The root of it is "peripatetic", and I don't mean in the Aristotelian sense. More in the wandering around sense.

Paula said...

"Great job Shay! You aren't a total retard when it comes to computers!

your friend,"

Paula

It's much easier to add comments when I just cut and paste from the ones that you've already written.

Props.

Anonymous said...

Shay;

More Greg Thomas!

What gives?