Thursday, July 02, 2009

50 posts #20, Studies for a Larger Work


Woman on a Crow,
Woman on a Red Tailed Hawk SOLD
12 x 12 inches, acrylic on canvas
$120.00 ea.

These two pieces are studies for a commission, my sketches turned out nicely but I wanted to get warmed up and have my own painted references for the work to refer to - expect to see it in a couple of days.

These were finished watching (I say watching, but it's mostly listening) to a film that actually SHOULD be remade, "The Swiss Conspiracy" (1976) is a pretty fine thriller involving blackmail at a Swiss bank. W.P Hassenstein's music is fantastic, there are some great cars in the film and just enough sex and intrigue to keep you guessing up until the end - I should actually watch the ending again as I"m not really sure who did it - but one guy does fall off a mountain, which is always a great audience reward.

A.S Hahn

madcraftshoppe@live.com


No comments: