Monday, May 25, 2009

fire.



Top, "Youngest Daughter of the Human Torch"
12 x 12 inches, acrylic on canvas
$120.00
at the Press Club

Lyrics to "There's A Man In There" by Lester Bangs
I'd originally intended to do this piece for the series "Silver" at the Cameron House (see tag) but had conceived of the figure being a man. As the months wore on of doing the work I just didn't get around to it and had some issues with the "Shock" aspect of painting a man on fire. I decided to give it a go for the Press Club, I believe it turned out to be quite successful. This is one of those pieces like "Last of the Snake Killing Girls (see "Silver") or "Jerusalem (see paintings) that I love but no one will ever buy. I never hang my own work in my home, but this is one of those rare pieces that I would.
A.S Hahn

No comments: