Friday, February 25, 2011

Woman with Two Axes


Woman with Two Axes

10 x 12inches, acrylic on canvas, framed

SOLD.


This falls into the "muckity" category of my process that I discussed a whole bunch of posts ago. As a method it seems to kind of come and go depending on my moods, "muckity" painting is when I usual one or two brushes and never wash them, wipe them yes, wash them, no. I like just applying colour over colour until I feel the piece is finished, it keeps me from relying too heavily on my usual palette, I have to balance the painting with dabs of red or green, raw sienna etc. instead of planning everything.


As much as my work is about the central subject I find currently I enjoy just laying in colour, maybe when I'm fifty I'll be full on into abstract painting, who knows, so if you like paintings with people, get them now. I'll be exhibiting some work at Cowbell restaurant in April and I may just work with skies and trees for that show, almost abstracted landscrapes, this thought has been rolling around in my head for quite some time. Will see how I feel about it when I get back. But it would be nice to just lay out 10 or 12 20 x20 inch canvases and just get muckity with them without huge concern of if the thumbs are on the right side of the hand.


A.Shay Hahn

madcrafshoppe@live.com

No comments: