Thursday, March 04, 2010

Small Towns/ The Gulliver Project





Blue Roof I, 16 x 20 inches, Slate Roof I, 12 x 24 inches, Red Roof I, 18 x 18 inches
all paintings are acrylic on canvas
$300.00 each

I'd started these small towns almost a year ago, there were two of each colour, conceived as pairs. As the months went on they remained unfinished here in the studio.

While I was going over some old sketches I came across notes and drawings of figures sleeping amongst the houses, I'd completely forgotten the notes, maybe that's why I hadn't shown them. I do love the Small Towns on their own and had wanted to continue playing with them to see what direction they could go in - to add something new to the image. I suppose at the time I'd started working on the series, "the Woman Who Slept" a series of four paintings of a woman sleeping in a row boat, this was the next extension. I'm working on one more and we'll see what the response is, I'm still tweaking the light on some of the above pieces, but they won't look radically different from their current state.

A.S.Hahn

madcraftshoppe@live.com


No comments: