Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Multi Taskers


Deep Sea Diver w/ Guitar, Deep Sea Diver w/ Banjo,
14 x 18 inches, acrylic on canvas
$200.00 each.
from the series, "the Multi Taskers"
Had a great weekend discussing what I do, I don't mean that it was great to be asked questions about what it is that I do, but it was good for me to hear what I think of what I do. That I can articulate my methods, philosophy etc. to someone else and not have it sound unprofessional, weird, arrogant or anything unseemly. Actually, there were quite a few solid conversations that came from a get together that was held on Friday night at a pub in the East End (the where ? Yeah, I know.). These conversations served to inspire the beginnings of the above series, "the multi taskers". We're all multi taskers, these days I guess you kind of have to be to keep up in the world, to maintain your relevance, whether it's social, parental or professional.
I chose to begin with the Deep Sea Diver as it is one of my most favourite uniforms, it's an astronaut that walks the Earth, a figure in disguise, but is recognized, a "neutral man". I"ve actually planned three other Deep Sea pieces to accompany this one, but I thought I'd move off them for a day or two to work on another stream of this series that I'm calling, "The Pilgrims" so expect a couple of those to show up in the next day or two.
A.Shay Hahn

No comments: