Sunday, November 08, 2009

Three Pianos...insert lame hand joke here




The Woman Who Loved Her Piano, III, II,I
12 x 12 inches, acrylic on canvas
commissions

I adore this image, and will admit that it is incredibly popular. I think it's one of the better of examples of what my work is really about, two or three incongruous and incredibly simple elements that when combined create an image that is memorable, and thereorfore powerful, in it's simplicity. I think that best sums what I try to do with my work, nothing complex, but when the parts are arranged; a woman, water, a piano, they have an impact.

I was asked to do one for a client and decided it was best to do some options for them so I created three of them. I believe that the last two have been sold but I'll have to update this at a later time.

A.S.Hahn

madcraftshoppe@live.com




No comments: