Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Man Who Loved/ The Woman Who Loved




The Boy Who Loved the Water,
The Woman Who Loved Her Piano,
The Man Who Loved Guitars SOLD
each image is 12 x 12 inches, acrylic on canvas
$140.00


This titles for this series occurred to me awhile ago, prior to the Desolation Row project, it doesn't take much to get me started when I want to paint, I do get stuck sometimes but when I ran into the concept of "The Man who loved...." or "The Woman who loved..." I just started writing down titles, I was sitting on the wonderful back patio at the Press Club surrounded by grape vines and a pear tree and I thought, "I love this...I love these grape vines..." and that was all it took.

I may be posting one or two (perhaps three) by the end of the day, I began working on this last week and then each day noodle around and let the images come out, I did do a prelim for the Guitar series but after that it was just research to find the right guitar.

If you've been familiar with my work since I began this blog you'll recognize the boy in the lifejacket as he was part of my visual vocabulary about four years ago and featured prominently in several paintings, I thought I'd bring him back to participate in these paintings.

I'll be adding a couple more links this week, keep an eye out for them, great blog sites to follow with your morning coffee.

best,
A.S.H
madcraftshoppe@live.com

No comments: