Monday, September 03, 2012

A.Shay Hahn "Positive Propaganda Pieces" at the Wilson 96

CONSUME
16x20 inches,acrylic on canvas
$300.00
Awhile back my friend J.Mote and I were talking about our mutual love of Communist Propaganda Posters and he'd asked if I'd ever done any of my own spins on the form. I thought this was a fantastic and inspired notion so I went home and got to work learning the form as best as I could.
Also at the same time I'm messing with my style and palette and trying to work cumulatively by just dabbing different colours all over and trying to make it work. Figure usually begin with a rough crimson outline and then go from there. This was the Second of the attempts "CONSUME".
Meant to inspire folks to consume knowledge.
More thoughts and notes on these new works as I post them this week.
A.Shay Hahn

No comments: