Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Dog On Stilts

Dog on Stilts
10x12inches,acrylic on canvas,framed
$140.00
A while back omeone on facebook mentioned that turkey vultures look like black dogs on stilts and the line just stayed with me, it took some time to get around to painting it since I'm busy doing the grounds for the November show at the Cameron House but I'm also working through some old sketches that I'd like to finish and have nothing to do with the concepts I'm exploring for Popular Mechanics.
I googled "Dog On Stilts" to see if any other artists had approached the concept before and came across a great sculpture by the artist Ron Pippin, it's worth checking out, didn't grab the link, it was just an image search. Our approaches are completely different so I was happy to continue with the concept and get it on canvas.
This will be at the Press Club show (about half older work, half newer) in August if it isn't picked up before then. You can go there this weekend for Press Fest all kinds of great bands for four nights in a row and check out my dedicated wall of art. Just scroll down on the blog to see what's there.
have a good one, enjoy the cool
A.Shay Hahn
facebook
Andrew Shay Hahn (the mad craft shoppe)

No comments: