Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Royal Families, sketch appeal

Untitled (Violin player)

from the series "Royal Families"
to be shown at the Cameron House, June 2011
10x12inches, acrylic on canvas, framed
$160.00
 I spent a good deal of time yesterday sketching how I'd like the show to look and then as usual scrapped every idea and I'm just going to do a straight hang, no salon look, no groupings, I want the continuous line presented by the horizon to just run down the wall. The way I'll choose to hang the pieces will then be based on the sky tones and how they move from one to the other. I've never hung a show based on this before, I'm sure it will take awhile to get it right.
Of course this will change over time as work is bought and replaced, I think I'll be having a closing instead of an Opening and will maybe continue to paint until the end of June, still haven't decided that yet.
Expect a couple more of these posts today as I have three pieces that are almost finished and heck, it's only 7 AM I should be able to get them finished.

A.Shay Hahn

No comments: