Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Red Devils, Mariachi and the hardest working man in two dimensions


Top Red Devil Jug Band, Guitar and Bass

8x10 inches, acrylic on canvas, framed

bottom the first April Grid of 25, 8x10" paintings.

I've been going nonstop since hanging the show at Cowbell (which really looks great) and trying to work through getting some commissions finished and working on the April Grid Diaries, so my best friend has been the DVD player, so far I've been through ( I can't say "watched" because I don't really watch them 100%) "Spartacus Blood and Sand" and Arrested Development Season Three. I just started "Damages" and Glenn Close already scares the crap out of me. I'll take a quick break now to maybe hang the two Red Devils at the Press Club and then get back to it. Expect a finished view of the mariachis tonight or tomorrow afternoon.


Also, in a colossal mistake of "measure once, cut once" I mad EIGHT of the 8x10 frames I"m building too small, so will have to custom make EIGHT stretchers too fit inside them, oh joy.


stay cool,


A.Shay Hahn


madcraftshoppe@live.com


No comments: