Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Wilson 96, Mariachi and The Music of Tom Waits

Mariachi with Drums and a Washboard Devil

3 @ 8x10 inches, acrylic on canvas, framed

SOLD

at the Wilson 96

I've had this long frame kicking around for a couple of years and could never decide on a triptych to put in it, upon realizing that Toronto has an insatiable appetite for paintings of Skeletal Mariachi I knew what I had to do. I also had this washboard Devil all on his lonesome and figured the two of them could use a friend. Hanging this today at the Wilson.


If you love the music of Tom Waits, be sure to try and catch this at the Theatre Centre http://www.theatrecentre.org/showdetails.php?id=104 I'm sure it's going to be incredible, I won't be able to go so I hope someone out there reads this and goes to check it out.


best,


A.Shay Hahn


madcraftshoppe@live.com

No comments: