Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Night Tree

top : The Night Tree (red books)
The Night Tree
each piece 12 x 24 inches, acrylic on canvas, framed
$340.00 each

I've been staring at these trees for weeks, they were two of the first things that I began that were "new" for the show (scroll all the way down to February 28th entry, don't bother) and got moved to the side, I'd tried a couple of different approaches with them in regards to figures and tones, but was never happy.

I think what I arrived at over the past couple of days works quite well in regards to the shape and layout. I was complaining about how frustrated I was, "They are just two 12 x 12's side by side! Twelve x Twelve it's what I do!" and was getting quite fumed about the whole thing, but we got to this point and now I can briefly exhale and finish the three/ four other pieces I need to get done for the hang at the Cameron on Sunday.

with relief,

A.Shay Hahn

madcraftshoppe@live.com



No comments: