Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Size Matters (cont'd)




So we got up very early this morning, did our stretches and headed to Gwartzmans. Today was the day, after shaking off the nerves we entered the store and asked the nice young OCAD student employed there to, "Go get the Big Ladder".


A hush fell over the store.

(Really the only people there at the time were me, her and Mr.Gwartzman, but hey.)


And up, up, up, she climbed to the top of the rack and brought down two 30 x 3o inch canvases. To give you an idea of how big they are 1) they come in their own bag and 2) I prepared the above demonstration of what scale I usually work in all the way to what I purchased today. From the bottom, 6 x6 , 8 x 8, 12 x 12, 16 x 16, 18 x 18, 20 x20 and finally 30 x30.


I am terrified.


A.Shay Hahn

No comments: