Monday, June 08, 2009

50 posts in 50 days, #1 Save the Bicycles!

Save the Bicycles! #1
from the series, Save the Bicyles!
12 x 12 inches, acrylic on canvas
SOLD

Have you ever noticed that in photos of hurricanes and tsunamis people always seem to have their bicycles with them ? I wanted to look at this in a series - simple as that - something catastrophic that cues into my love of large events illustrated through minute narrative moments. I mean really, if you take a look at my work , their are people on fire, running from floods, facing down unseen opponents, swinging axes, etc.

People in Toronto (and I imagine other parts of the globe) have a symbiotic relationship to their bicycles, they are like metal pets - I have neither a pet or a bicycle, but I wanted to explore the relationship and collect any bicycle related anecdotes to add to this series.

This is the first of the "50 Posts in 50 Days" series, I meant to post it yesterday, but I didn't have any batteries for my camera.

A.Shay Hahn

madcraftshoppe@live.com

Also in the links section, check out "Seven Crowns Tattoo" this is where I get my work done by the Reverend Matthew Ellis, one of the finest tattoo artists in Toronto.


No comments: