Monday, January 19, 2009

Commission Project






























A long time ago, (Sat, July 19,08) I started to post prelim sketches for a series of four commissions, now so many months later I've begun to do the work, here are the block ins for three of the four pieces, expect these images to keep popping up here as the work progresses hopefully to be finished in the next two weeks if I just put my head down, stay out of the pubs and work diligently and don't make too many missteps. Each image is based around the theme of flight, there will be flocks of birds and airplanes, Icarus wings and all sorts of things.


Above you can see the images are progressing nicely, these shots are from a couple of days ago. I hope to have "the Ground Crew" painting finished for tomorrow, it's a favourite, the new working title "Mission to the Moon" ever since doing "Last of the Airmen" for the series "Silver" I just can't get the concept of the jet pack out of my head. I was asked why I chose "Flight" as a them for these pieces, the answer would involve a quick survey of the work I've done in the "Fables" series, which is predominently about flight, escape, travel. It doesn't carry as much into "Silver" which was a very grounded show. (More to come)






A.S Hahn














No comments: