Saturday, August 02, 2008

A Field Story, the series





The Meeting, The Witness, The Men, The Ingenue, The Walkout
from the series "A Field Story"
each image twelve x twelves inches
acrylic on canvas
SOLD
I am very proud of this "Story", I am even happier that it was sold completely as a set. This work found it's beginnings in my love of period gangster films such as "Road to Perdition" and "Miller's Crossing" also the film, "Northfork" has served as a great inspiration, actually I feel that looking at my work, that I could've directed "Northfork", it fits so closely.
This has greatly inspired me to work on other "Stories" or multiple narrative pieces that flow together and I have started the sketches for "Lady With An Axe - A Garden Story" that I will be starting next week.
There was also alot of mention of crop circles and other phenomena, maybe that was because the X Files film was released this week, if that's what people saw in the work, well so be it.
A.S Hahn

No comments: