Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Show proofs three




The Rubber Ball has been around in my group of symbols for awhile, mostly being used when I paint the "Block Letters" (see my other blog "the Alphabet Shoppe" for details) but I decided to drag it into this show, at least for one painting, the Guardian Spirits make an appearance with this show, I think back to being a kid and how many soccer balls, baseballs, etc. end up lost on roofs, in trees and bushes or merely abandoned on a field when Recess is over and the Guardian "Dolls" come to rescue and perhaps return them to their owners. The Gnome is very new, only making an appearance after the end of my relationship with The Business Partner, she loved that Gnome and I decided after she had left that it was an appropriate symbol for her as the Gnome was located across from my paint area and I would sit alone in the Apartment after she had left and look at it while I worked. Sometimes in this show the House represents me, this isn't the most pleasant image, as I am known for often painting pleasant things, but I think this painting is an accurate look at the early moments of a relationship ending and just how that feels. The final image is better explained in the post below

No comments: